Sunday, November 6, 2011

Web 2.0 Presentation Tools

Scattered amist the vast Internet are a variety of presentation tools, many of them free to use.  For my graduate work, I evaluated two presentation tools - Glogster and Prezi.  Each one had advantages and disadvantages, which I will now discuss.

Glogster is basically an online poster.  Found on Glogster.com, the presentation tool offers various "posterboards" on which to present your information.  A person can add text, graphics, pictures, and videos from personal computer files or from the Internet.  There is a choice to keep the Glog private, or to share it with others on the Internet.  I have used Glogster with my students at school, but did not my own private Glog.  I did create an account to invsetigate the platform.  Unfortuantely, I did not find any kind of tutorial program to show a new user the "ropes" of the program.  The glog can be linked or embedded into another Internet program, such as Facebook. 

Prezi is a new and different way of creating and presenting a PowerPoint.  The Prezi keeps the viewer engaged.  It is not flat, but allows for movement and clarification of the main idea.  A person can add text, graphics, pictures, and links to the presentation.  I haven't really used the tool before, but I did create an account and tried it out.  Prezi does offer tutorials, but I found the Walden University tutorial more comprehensive and useful.  Like the Glogster, you can embed the Prezi into other Internet programs.

For my course project, I believe I will use the Prezi.  While I have had experience with the Glog, I think that the Prezi will add more depth to the project.  After using the Prezi, the Glog seems a bit one dimensional and bland.  I enjoy watching my Prezi presentation, whereas I did not return to the Glog I began. 

Virus Prezi

No comments:

Post a Comment